Pinelands Orchid Society was formed in the 1980s by a group of hobbyists as a way of sharing information and learning about growing orchids. Today, 75 members with varying levels of orchid experience continue that tradition. Our members grow their orchids in greenhouses, under lights, and on windowsills. Some members have hundreds of plants, and others only a few.
Pinelands sponsors monthly meetings which feature an informative speaker, a library available to all members, refreshments, a plant raffle, and a wonderful show table of members' plants. Pinelands participates in several orchid shows each year in the Philadelphia / New Jersey region. Many members also exhibit plants in the Philadelphia Flower Show. We have members who speak at other societies and garden clubs. Pinelands is an American Orchid Society affiliated society.
Annual activities include:
- Holiday extravaganza in December
- Plant auction in May
- Awards evening in June
We invite all orchid growers to join us as we explore the world of orchids. Please enjoy the meetings, come out to the shows, and let us know what you're growing!
Most meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month from September through June.
- Tue 3 Sep 2013 - Interaction Between Orchids and Birds, Valerie Oldham, 7:30 PM
- Tue 1 Oct 2013 - I Grew That!, Ed Weber, AOS Mid-Atlantic Judging Center, 7:30 PM
- Tue 5 Nov 2013 - Growing for Perfection: Secrets Shared to Help Garner Cultural Awards, David Rosenfeld, 7:30 PM
- Tue 3 Dec 2013 - Annual Holiday Dinner, 7:30 PM
- Tue 7 Jan 2014 - MEETING CANCELED DUE TO EXTREME LOW TEMPERATURE
- Tue 4 Feb 2014 - MEETING CANCELED DUE TO FORECAST ICE STORM, 7:30 PM
- Tue 4 Mar 2014 - Native Orchids, Valerie Oldham, 7:30 PM
- Tue 1 Apr 2014 - Monthly Meeting, 7:30 PM
- Tue 6 May 2014 - Annual Plant Auction, 7:30 PM
- Tue 3 Jun 2014 - Annual Awards Evening: Hoagie and Ice Cream Party and Show Table Points Results, 7:30 PM
- No meeting in July or August
2013-2014 Area Events
- Fri 13 through Sat 14 Sep 2013 - 9th Annual Merritt Huntington Memorial Symposium, Cavalier Oceanfront Hotel, Virginia Beach, VA
- Sun 15 Sep 2013 - "Focus on Phals" Day, International Phalaenopsis Alliance, Ballston Spa, NY
- Sat 5 Oct 2013 - Super Slipper Celebration, Orchid Society of Western Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, PA
- Sat 1 Mar through Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 185th Annual Philadelphia Flower Show, Philadelphia Convention Center
- Fri 11 through Sun 13 Apr 2014 - SEPOS International Orchid Show & Sale, The Academy of Natural Sciences, Drexel University
- Fri 6 through Sun 8 Jun 2014 - 4th Annual Shore Orchid Festival, Silva Orchids, Neptune, NJ
Directions to Meeting Location
- Medford Leas Auditorium
One Medford Leas Way
Medford, New Jersey 08055
- From I-295: Take Exit 34A (Route 70 East toward Marlton). Travel East approximately 9 miles. Just after the junction of Routes 70 and 541 (Medford-Mount Holly Road) and the "Indian Chief" on Route 70, take the next "jughandle" turn (Medford Leas Drive). After entering the property, turn right at the fork onto Woolman Haddon Way. Follow this road which will end at a parking lot behind the Community Center. Enter through the back door of the building and take the elevator up to the Main Floor. After exiting the elevator, turn right a short way to the auditorium.
- Interactive MapQuest map
Printable Road Map and Directions
Printable Detail Map of Medford Leas Campus