Most meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month from September through June.
- Tue 8 Sep 2015 - 2015 World Orchid Conference in Johannesburg, South Africa, Mary Jo Gilsdorf, 7:30 PM
- Sun 20 Sep 2015 - Summer Covered Dish Party, Ernie Masso's home, 1:00 PM
- Tue 6 Oct 2015 - General Orchid Culture, Repotting Techniques, and Orchid Pests, Diseases, and Treatments, Bayard Saraduke, 7:30 PM
- Tue 3 Nov 2015 - Orchid Mounting Workshop, Bob Bookbinder, 7:30 PM
- Tue 1 Dec 2015 - Annual Holiday Dinner, 7:30 PM
- Tue 5 Jan 2016 - Orchid Culture Success with Superthrive, John Rogan, 7:30 PM
- Tue 2 Feb 2016 - Orchids in a Vase and Orchids in a Teacup, Cecilia Millea, 7:30 PM
- Tue 1 Mar 2016 - Grooming, Staking, and Preparing Orchids for The Flower Show, Bayard Saraduke, 7:30 PM
- Tue 5 Apr 2016 - Orchids Are Different But Not Difficult, Beth Davis, Waldor Orchids, 7:30 PM
- Tue 3 May 2016 - Annual Plant Auction, 7:30 PM
- No meeting in June
- Sun 10 Jul 2016 - Combined Annual Awards Meeting and Summer Picnic, Ernie Masso's home, 1:00 PM
- No meeting in August
2015-2016 Area Events
- Sat 5 Mar through Sun 13 Mar 2016 - 187th Annual Philadelphia Flower Show, Philadelphia Convention Center
- Sat 24 Sep 2016 - 26th Annual Delaware Valley Orchid Council Speakers' Forum, Wyndham Hotel, Mt. Laurel, NJ
Monthly Meeting Location
- Cadbury at Cherry Hill, Oak Room
2150 Route 38
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08002
- Cadbury is located on Rt 38 West about 1/4 mile east of the Cherry Hill Mall. From Route 38 West, pass the Olive Garden Restaurant (you will see the first Cadbury sign on the right). Go past the second Cadbury sign and turn right onto Woods Road. Turn in to Cadbury's parking lot (first driveway on the right). Take the main entrance to the building and sign-in at the Security Desk at the Lobby. The meeting room is located in the lower level of the main building (elevators available). Parking is located to the side of the building. For additional directions, visit http://cadbury.org/cherryhill/retirement/location
About Pinelands Orchid Society
Pinelands Orchid Society was formed in the 1980s by a group of hobbyists as a way of sharing information and learning about growing orchids. Today, 75 members with varying levels of orchid experience continue that tradition. Our members grow their orchids in greenhouses, under lights, and on windowsills. Some members have hundreds of plants, and others only a few.
Pinelands sponsors monthly meetings which feature an informative speaker, a library available to all members, refreshments, a plant raffle, and a wonderful show table of members' plants. Pinelands participates in several orchid shows each year in the Philadelphia / New Jersey region. Many members also exhibit plants in the Philadelphia Flower Show. We have members who speak at other societies and garden clubs. Pinelands is an American Orchid Society affiliated society.
Annual activities include:
- Holiday extravaganza in December
- Plant auction in May
- Awards evening in June
We invite all orchid growers to join us as we explore the world of orchids. Please enjoy the meetings, come out to the shows, and let us know what you're growing!